Working together, sharing ideas, and connecting with others provide a path to successfully confronting the two critical issues of trauma and poverty. What is working for you? What tools and strategies are you using? How are you finding success? We know many of you are doing amazing things. And others need to know what you know!
We’re looking for presentations related to the eight Bridging to Resilience strands – especially those focusing on successful connections between school and community. So we need you to step up and share your ideas, resources, and strategies.
If you’re ready to submit a proposal, head on over to start the process!
Need a few more details first?
- Each Bridging to Resilience session is 60 minutes long. And it doesn’t have to be something incredibly complicated – but your proposal should focus on generating conversations and making connections. If it’s working for you, then it will work for others!
- If you need more than 60 minutes, there will be a few double sessions built-in to the schedule. You’ll have the opportunity to select this option in the proposal form. (But the scheduling committee reserves the right to make any final decisions concerning session length.)
- Each presentation room will have a projector, screen, speakers, and wireless internet access.
- Target one or more of the conference strands:
- Trauma Responsive Schools and Communities
- Poverty Resolution
- Family & Community Involvement in Creating Resilience
- Restorative Justice
- Project Based Learning & Civic Engagement
- Helping Professions (Public and mental health, juvenile justice, pastors & faith leaders,
- Preference will be given to proposals that clearly encourage and support connecting and collaboration.
- Each accepted proposal will receive one 50% registration discount.
- The deadline for submitting a proposal is December 14. 2018. We’ll contact you regarding your presentation proposal by January 11, 2019.
If you are interested in presenting a session and still have some questions, contact Rebecca directly.
Otherwise you can go directly to the session proposal page by clicking below:Complete your session proposal